As seen on TikTok, these slightly spicy garlic and cayenne green beans in the air fryer are a breading and panko crumb-free way to create incredibly addictive crispy green beans still.
Combining fresh green beans and the right combination of Seasoning and simple ingredients, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this air fried side dish recipe.
And because there is no actual bread coating, this Viral green bean recipe is a keto-friendly and low-carb option without sacrificing any flavor.
Why you should try these TikTok Green Beans
If your air fryer is sitting in the pantry, the time is NOW to take it out. No Breading Air Fryer Green Beans are a game-changer. They not only make a vibrant side dish recipe but are also an excellent substitute for carb-coated green bean fries.
You already know that an air fryer is an excellent option for a healthy side dish. But did you know that a crispy texture for green beans can be made with just a handful of ingredients? The perfect snack, a healthy snack, or a delicious side dish, the golden brown texture of this recipe is worth five stars.
Lastly, picky eaters (hello, kids) will dive right in when they see this green beans recipe. Just a tip -if your family needs less spice in a veggie side dish, eliminate the cayenne for something tamer or eliminate it entirely.
- fresh green beans – Starting with fresh green beans, trim the tops and wash. Fresh green beans should have a nice green color, and you can usually see the shape they are in via the bag before buying.
- Bouillon cube – A chicken bouillon cube will give the water a nice flavor.
- Parmesan cheese – This recipe needs GRATED parmesan cheese and provides a healthy crispy texture. You will not get this same texture with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, cayenne pepper (or more if you like spice), and salt and black pepper to taste. If using garlic salt, make sure to not double salt recipe.
- real mayonaise
How to make Fresh Green Beans in Air Fryer
- Add beans, water, and bouillon cube to a pot. Heat on medium-high until boiling and boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and tossing beans, so they are in the broth.
- Remove from heat and drain. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in butter, mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well until butter is completely melted and beans are coated.
- Divide beans into thirds or half and place them into the air fryer basket. You want to keep your beans in a single layer and don’t overcrowd them.
- Working in batches and using the Air Crisp function (specific to Ninja Foodi, other air fryers may call the basket something different), cook the beans for 5 minutes at 390 degrees.
- Check and if the beans are still soggy or have a soft texture, return for another 3-5 minutes on air crisp for 390 degrees. Remove from air fryer and set aside. Keep warm.
- Repeat until all of the beans are cooked. Season beans with additional salt and pepper before serving with a favorite dipping sauce (we suggest ranch) and a weeknight dinner.
The mayo and grated Parmesan mixture is the secret ingredient to making crispy green beans that do NOT need breadcrumbs or panko. Combined, when heated, they coat the green beans with a golden brown texture that gives the illusion of a breading without it. The bonus is, the combination taxes amazing!
If you prefer actual breading, try this Air Fried Green Bean Fries Recipe.
Can frozen green beans be used in an air fryer?
They usually can, but they need to be thawed first. The primary key here is to use COOKED green beans with this recipe.
I will say that I generally find fresh green beans much better because they have the right amount of firmness, and frozen green beans are a lot more tender and soft.
Does the air fryer need to be preheated?
How long do Crispy Air fried green beans keep?
These crispy green beans will lose that crispiness once subjected to the cold fridge. It’s best to make and eat the same day.
- Sprinkle on pepper flakes before serving.
- Add pre-cooked crispy bacon bites before serving.
- Italian Seasoning instead of garlic.
- Dial-up the garlic with a roasted garlic clove.
Related Viral Air Fryer Recipes
- Snackable or side dish, TikTok taught us how to perfectly air fry onions.
- A tremendous viral dinner recipe, these air fryer steak bites are just so tender.
- Turn pita bread into pita chips with the Air Fryer.
- If you love spice, do not miss out on saving this Nashville Hot Air Fried Cauliflower Bites recipe.
- This Fried Brie with Blueberries recipe is creamy, salty and sweet – the perfect viral appetizer.
Connect with Us