Did you know you can make Biscuits in an Air Fryer?
Pillsbury Grands or even small biscuits can be whipped up in half the time it takes for them to oven bake, making this recipe an overall win for weeknight dinners.
Deliciously golden brown tops, these quick and easy biscuits produce the soft fluffy biscuit center you count on and are ready in minutes.
Why you should make canned biscuits in Air Fryer
Ease: I love golden brown biscuits as a side dish. Unfortunately, biscuits are also the last thing you want to cook before a meal is done and typically need an oven.
And since many dinner recipes also use the oven, the careful dance in the kitchen is a real struggle.
But learning to make biscuits in an air fryer allows you to make those hot biscuits simultaneously with a dinner recipe!
No more cold dinner and no more cold biscuits making this side dish one of my favorite recipes!
TikTok Air Fryer Biscuits
- Small Canned Biscuits: The first batch (shown) is the smaller biscuits. They were store brand, and the package said: Buttermilk Biscuits 7.5 oz, ten biscuits. They cooked well in 4 minutes TOTAL.
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits in Air Fryer: The second batch was Pillsbury Grands Southern Homestyle Biscuits 16.3 oz tube, 8 larger biscuits. These also cooked fine in 5 minutes TOTAL.
Did the TikTok Biscuits Work?
We found that the method in the original TikTok Video (the process was actually in the comments) didn’t work as well as the video did.
In the end, you needed no piece of parchment paper, no flipping, and no 8-10 minutes, as the video suggested.
However, the air fryer is still faster than the oven, which can be between 10-15 minutes to cook (depending on the canned instructions and type of roll), so we recommend this method for biscuits with a few cooking time adjustments as noted below in the final instructions.
- One tube of refrigerated biscuits
- nonstick cooking spray
How to make Biscuits in Air Fryer
Preheat Air Fryer: Yes, for 5 minutes.
Cook Time: Depends on the biscuit size but typically 4-5 minutes total.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 375 using the air crisp function.
- Spray basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a batch of biscuits in a single layer in the basket, ensuring the raw biscuits don’t touch.
- Use the Air Crisp setting at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes. See note on the size of biscuit for timing.
- Carefully open the air fryer and remove biscuits from the air fryer basket. Serve each baked biscuit warm with melted butter and jelly or as a side dish to other breakfast recipes like this Ultimate Sunday Breakfast Casserole recipe.
How to reheat Air Fryer Biscuits
Air Fryer Biscuits can be reheated in a microwave or thrown back into a preheated air fryer 350 for about 3 minutes.
How to store leftover Biscuits
Saved food should always be sealed in an airtight container to avoid moisture and staleness.
I find that leftover rolls are not always the best the next day, but they can still be warmed up for a day or two before tossing.
Can you store opened biscuit dough?
Typically once the dough is popped and becomes exposed to air, it will puff and rise, making it hard to store.
For this reason, we do not recommend opening dough until you are ready to make the entire tube.
Do biscuits always spread?
No, not all biscuits spread out. Some rise up, and some rise out. Like cookie dough, each perfect biscuit is formulated differently; therefore, results may vary.
Related Air Fryer Recipes
- You haven’t lived until you have tried to make a giant cookie cake in an air fryer.
- Need some dinner to serve with rolls? Try this air-fried steak recipe.
- A perfect soft-boiled egg with slightly runny yolks. All it takes is 6 minutes for perfect breakfast jammy eggs.
- Soft crisped air fryer onion petals are a great midday snack with all the benefits of onion that remind you of eating at Outback.
- Did you know you can grate eggs?
- No bread coating air fryer green beans are a healthier alternative to green bean fries.
- This tiktok cinnamon roll recipe trend is such a great way to bring fluffy rolls to life in your kitchen.
Connect with Us