If you’re looking for a quick, healthy snack to quench your cravings, then you have got to try Avocado Pudding. This oh-so-yummy treat was popularized by Kourtney Kardashian, who characterized it as “a power meal in a cup.”
Not only is this the healthiest pudding you’re likely to find, with only 4 ingredients and no need to let it set, but may also be the easiest pudding EVER to make!
I know what you’re thinking: “A green pudding made with something I put on my salad…?”
I myself was skeptical when I first heard about this. However, avocado pudding is deliciously creamy, smooth, and super adaptable. Eat it at breakfast with some granola, as a pre/post-workout treat, or as a dessert instead of TikTok ice cream in a bag or TikTok biscoff cake. This viral recipe LITERALLY only takes 5 minutes to make!
Maybe that simplicity is why Kourtney eats it every day?!
You only need 4 ingredients:
- avocado — pit and skin removed.
- honey — many people prefer Manuka honey, but I think any type works.
- white sugar – feel free to try other sweeteners in place of sugar.
How to make Avocado Pudding
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4, 1/2 cup servings
- After much trial and error, here’s the easiest way I’ve found to de-pit an avocado: First, cut around the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate. Next, using the heel of a large, non-serrated knife, chop into the center of the pit in a swift motion (not a lot of force is needed here). Then simply twist out the pit and discard.
- You can use all sorts of milk alternatives in this viral dessert. Non-dairy choices would be nut milks such as almond, cashew, or coconut milk. You can also use oat or soy milk or make your Avocado Pudding even creamier by using half and half.
- If you like your pudding extra thick, leave out the milk and blend with yogurt (plain or vanilla) or ice cream.
- Instead of honey and sugar, you can use agave syrup or maple syrup.
- Want a chocolate flavor? Add cocoa powder to make this a Chocolate Avocado Pudding (I like topping mine with raw cacao nibs).
- Blend with frozen mango chunks for a fruity Avocado-Mango Pudding (yum!).
Does TikTok Avocado Pudding Taste good?
Certainly smooth and pudding-like consistency. I think it needs more sugar or honey, so maybe taste it and add more if you’d like more. It had an avocado taste but was pudding-like! There are certainly huge viral 5-star ratings on this recipe so try it and tweak it yourself!
This Avocado Pudding is really easy to adapt, and that goes for making it Keto-friendly, as well. Simply substitute the sugar for a sweetener such as Stevia, Splenda, Monk Fruit, or Xylitol, and in place of milk use heavy cream. Honey is also an added sweetener and Organic Harmless Honey with 0 sugar can be used (or just add extra carb-safe sweeteners).
Did you know avocados are actually a type of berry?! They are chock-full of vitamins and minerals including Potassium, folate, and Vitamin C. They also contain lots of healthy fiber, which promotes healthy digestion. Although they are high in fat, lucky for us it’s monounsaturated fat, otherwise known as a “good fat” which can actually help lower cholesterol.
For a vegan Avocado Pudding, use non-dairy milk such as oat, almond, or cashew. In place of honey, use maple syrup, agave syrup, or one of the Keto-friendly sweeteners mentioned above.
One of the drawbacks to avocados is they start to brown as soon as they’re exposed to air. If you make Avocado Pudding and want to chill it in the fridge, it will be brown when you pull it out. But, just as you can avoid apple slices from turning brown immediately, you can do the same with avocados, to an extent. Add lemon or lime juice to your pudding if you plan on chilling it in the fridge. You can also chill all the ingredients before adding them to the blender if you want cold Avocado Pudding.
Unfortunately, Avocado Pudding needs to be consumed right away because the avocado will not hold up in the fridge. Luckily, because it whips up in under 5 minutes, it’s not that hard to make a fresh batch.
I can’t believe I only just found out about this, but yes, frozen avocado is a thing and yes, it’s perfect for making Avocado Pudding!
- TikTok Cocoa Marshmallow Dippers – Wait till you see how these are shaped like mini mugs! TOTALLY cute.
- If you have a Pokemon fan, these TIkTok Pokemon Hot Chocolate Bombs are sure to get them excited!
- TIkTok Solo Cup Chocolate Bombs – so much easier than pairing 2 halves of chocolate shells together, these solo cups allow a stand up hot chocolate with little peppermint stir stick.
- TikTok Kool-Aid Marshmallows are so kid friendly and fun to make.
- Fried Brie with Blueberries is this years best viral appetizer dip.
Connect with Us