Baked Brie with a smothering of honey and salty pistachios make the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
This unique and often forgotten cheese is considered a mild-mannered cheese (more than blue cheese or feta) and is fantastic with other ingredient elements.
Why you should make Brie with Honey and Pistachios
This cheese with honey and pistachios is restaurant quality with minimal effort. The cheese, honey, and nuts do all the work combining the flavors to help you look like an expert chef.
Sure to be a crowd-pleaser, this vibrant and creamy dish elevates a cheese plate or charcuterie board (<—-the one we like) effortlessly.
Creamy sweet and crunchy, Brie is party food with an elegant touch.
TikTok Brie and Pistachios
This viral appetizer recipe was one we were super excited to try, and it did not disappoint.
This recipe was tested by us but inspired by @YesIdothecookingg on TikTok. You can see the original recipe video below to note the changes.
- olive oil – When it comes to using oils in recipes, not all oil is the same. For this dish, you will want to stick to an Extra Virgin Olive Oil and it should not be substituted with other oils.
- brie cheese – A wheel of brie cheese is usually found in a cooling compartment near specialty cheeses.
- pistachios – Shelled (whole or crushed) pistachios bring a salty crunch. To vary this nut, see below alternative suggestions.
- honey – THere are so many types of honey and I love using flower honey for an even sweeter taste.
- seasonings – fresh OR dried thyme, red pepper flakes, optional
- crusty bread or crackers for serving
How to make Baked Brie
- Preheat oven to 350 and drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil into the bottom of a pan or baking dish.
- Place the brie wheel into the pan and score the top with a knife.
- Top with pistachio nuts, a drizzle of honey, thyme, and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until oozing, but not melty cheese isn’t flat.
- Transfer Brie from oven and sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving warm with crusty bread or crackers. This simple appetizer with melted brie and pistachios is sure to be the best crowd pleaser.
Can brie be made with other nuts?
Absolutely! Nearly any nut would pair well with this cheese but roasted almonds, crushed walnuts, or pecans make especially good choices for an elegant appetizer.
Brie cheese is French cheese. It can be mild or intense (like many kinds of cheese) and usually comes in a wrapped round. Learn more about the history of Brie Cheese here.
This baked brie recipe can also be reheated and is delicious. Add Brie to tin foil and place in the oven until reheated back through.
YES! The entire wheel of cheese, including Brie Rind, can be eaten.
What other toppings work well for brie?
This fried Brie with blueberries and pecans recipe has already shown how incredible adding other layers onto this creamy cheese works.
Try raspberries and maple syrup for a sweet variation or caramelized onions for something more a more savory pallet.
What to serve Brie with?
I served this with crusty bread (like Italian or Baguette Slices); I’d go that route if you want to dip into it, otherwise, using a knife with crackers would be good, too.
Brie can also be served with fresh fruit like pear slices or apple slices if you want to give a non-bread option for Holiday Parties.
Related Holiday Season Recipes
- This cream cheese dip with sausage is one of those simple recipes that are still incredible.
- Smoked cream cheese recipe is a perfect choice to keep everyone full while the main dishes are made.
- Every lover of food will enjoy diving into this hot cocoa dip recipe – 2021s most viral dessert choice!
Connect with Us