Leave it to TikTok #foodtok to share these incredible Campfire Banana Boats with us – a new campfire tradition that your entire family will enjoy!
The bananas are split with marshmallows and chocolate and then warmed up over a fire for a creamy, delicious bite ripe for digging into.
Why you will love making TikTok Banana Boats
Great take on S’Mores – This campfire dessert combination between well-known s’mores and a banana split is quick to make, which means quick to enjoy! Having tasty and fun ideas to cook over an open fire (or at home over a grill is fine, too) makes camping uniquely enjoyable.
Easy to Vary – While our first take on Banana Boats followed along with the TikTok Recipe by creator @scottdhenry, this kid-approved dish would also be great with graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, marshmallow fluff, or sprinkles!
Would we make S’mores Banana Boats again?
Absolutely! My husband is a Boy Scout Troop leader, and he is pretty excited to make this viral dessert recipe with the kids on the next camping journey.
- fresh, ripe bananas
- Filling – mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- aluminum foil
How to make Campfire Banana Boats
- Slice the banana lengthwise and gently open the peel, leaving it intact and on the banana.
- Stuff the banana with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Wrap in foil and gently place onto hot coals or a cooking grate near hot coals.
- Rotate and heat the banana until the marshmallows and chocolate chips are melted.
- Carefully open the foil and serve the banana with a spoon, scooping out the warm banana, chocolate, and marshmallow and enjoying.
Make Banana Boats home too.
I made this outside on an open fire. This was a teeny fire, but it worked fine! Setting things on the hot coals is challenging but usually works.
I often use metal tongs to pick the item off the coals and then open it to check on it. This is how we make smockos (tortillas filled with marshmallows and chocolate chips and wrapped in foil) that my kids love.
This banana boat recipe seems like it would work fine over a preheated gas grill as well.
You could also cook these on a cooking grate; I recommend you turn and rotate no matter how you cook them.
Related Viral Dessert Recipes
- What did we think of the TikTok Healthy Coke Recipe Trend?
- TikTok Dessert Samosa Recipe is another take on delicious Nutella-filled s’mores.
- Gender reveals are even more exciting with this Gender Reveal Chocolate Covered strawberry…wait till you see how CUTE they are!
- One Nutella dessert recipe we didn’t love.
- Make perfect customized edible toppers for cupcakes with this hack.
- Use the air fryer to make a GIANT cookie.
- If you love chocolate as we do, try an Oreo bundt cake recipe, Oreo mug cake, or this hot cocoa dip recipe.
Connect with Us