Beurre Noisette, otherwise known as brown butter or burnt butter, creates a delicious nutty butter that spreads perfectly on toasted bread and can be used in place of regular butter to make more savory recipes.
This TikTok Brown Butter recipe is a viral sensation that has been seen over 16 million times!
Why you will love TikTok’s Burning Butter
Nutty Flavor – This simple-to-make recipe produces a fancy rich flavor with light brown color. Burnt butter isn’t precisely burned (by the American definition) but browned. Once it’s done, it can be used as a butter sauce, a spreadable butter, or in all your favorite recipes that need butter.
Next-level flavors for fish, bread, pasta sauces, or even pie crusts!
Where did this Beurre Noisette recipe come from?
This fantastic recipe came across our TikTok FYP from creator @Thomas_Straker. He has a butter channel, which is crazy to think about, but you can learn about all things butter from him! From chocolate butter to wasabi butter, Thomas has an incredibly delicious feed.
See his full butter video recipe below:
- Unsalted butter – Some people recommend cutting quality butter into pieces; however, we followed the viral tiktok browned butter video, and he put his sticks of butter (or solid squares of butter) right in the pan with no issues.
- Salt – You will want to season with salt. As the original video shows, use chunky or flaky salt like kosher or sea salt for a real WOW burst of flavor.
- Fresh sliced bread
How to make Beurre Noisette
- Place butter into a small skillet and heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally until melted and deep caramel color.
- The mixture (melted butter) may bubble and rise; whisk it down. You will begin to see tiny dark specks in the butter. Remove from heat.
- Fill a large mixing heatproof bowl with ice and place a smaller mixing bowl in the ice.
- Pour the butter into the smaller bowl and whisk until golden brown butter is solid, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped on bread with a dash of salt or cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
What is Brown Butter?
Burnt butter is a standard and classic French recipe that takes regular butter and gives you a nutty taste and caramelized flavor.
The cooking process of browning butter and giving it that golden color, allows the milk solids in the butter to burn and create a nutty toasted flavor. Once it’s melted, you solidify it again to use as creamy, spreadable butter or in cooking and baking recipes.
Why burning butter is excellent for recipes.
When we are talking about burning butter, what we are talking about is browning that butter to bring out the liquid gold flavor. It’s not meant to be black and burned (gross and bitter and trash) but somewhat toasted for all the foods you love.
Related Viral Recipes
- Use this butter in a honey butter fried chicken recipe.
- Dab it on French Toast Waffles.
- Pour it on TikTok Homemade Popcorn in Microwave.
- Slater it on Air Fryer Biscuits.
- Smother it on Garlic Butter Crispy Potatoes.
- Bake it in a Ketchup Cake.
Connect with Us