Crispy delicious Italian Chicken Cutlets with Italian Style bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese leave you with tender chicken and a golden brown crispy breading.
You won’t believe how easy it is to take a simple thin cut chicken breast, coat them in seasoned bread crumbs and fry up for a delicious comfort meal. Let’s get started on this perfect homemade meal.
Why you should make this Chicken Cutlet Recipe
Mix it up: Chicken breast recipes are an automatic staple each week if you are anything like our family. But recipes can become stale and a bit boring. This chicken recipe cuts through the bland old boneless skinless chicken breast recipe and invites you to use quick-cooking thin cut chicken to develop a tender, moist center, and crispy perfection.
Kid-friendly, this TikTok recipe also pairs great with various viral side dishes like southern baked macaroni and cheese, air-fried crispy green beans, or this awesome cheesy corn. And because the chick fries up in under 10 minutes, it is also a meal that makes it to the dinner table in no time at all.
Where did this TikTok Chicken Recipe come from?
We love to share the fantastic creators online and where we were inspired to test out a recipe from! This recipe came across our feed from the user @AuntieAmandaLee
- chicken breast cutlets – Cutlets are thin-cut chicken breasts that cook super quickly. You can also pound down chicken breasts with a meat mallet to be super thin.
- Eggs – The eggs help the breadcrumbs property stick to the chicken.
- Italian style bread crumbs – Choose Italian style bread crumbs for the best-breaded flavor.
- Grated Parmesan cheese – In many cases, Parmesan cheese is interchangeable for shredded but for this chicken cutlet recipe, choose only grated.
- Dry parsley – Additionally, parsley seasoning.
- Oil for frying – We prefer to use bland oils like Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil for frying. It also has a higher smoke point than Olive Oil and is easy to work with.
- Optional – Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
How to make Chicken Cutlets
- Place eggs into a bowl and whisk well.
- Place Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley in a separate shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dredge the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in breadcrumb mixture and coat on both sides.
- Preheat about 2″ of oil in a large skillet.
- Place cutlets into the hot oil and fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Be careful not to overcook, or thin pieces of chicken can get chewy.
- Transfer cutlets to drain excess drip on paper towels (tongs work great for this) and serve hot.
- Other than using a bread crumb mixture, use a Panko Mixture and season with garlic powder, onion powder, and other herbed seasonings you love.
- Soak chicken in a buttermilk mixture for a few hours to tenderize the chicken.
- Add curry powder or chili powder to the mixture for a bit of spice.
- Breaded Chicken culets go great with fresh lemon juice, so serve chicken pieces with a side of lemon wedges for color and flavor.
- Season with salt as soon as chicken comes out of the hot oil.
How to serve Chicken Cutlets
This style of fried chicken works excellent for Chicken Piccata, chicken Milanese, or to cut up and use for Chicken Alfredo.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
Yes, you can air fry chicken cutlets.
To transfer to the air fryer, coat the culets as stated with egg, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Place chicken (in one layer) in an air crisp basket. Spray with NonStick cooking spray and cook at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
Open, flip, spray the other side and continue to cook for additional 7 minutes. The timing could vary depending on the thickness of the chicken, so always check for a 165-degree internal temperature.
This is the Air Fryer we use.
Related Viral Chicken Recipes
- There has never been a more perfect dinner than TikToks Honey Buttered Fried Chicken recipe.
- Were you looking for a bit of spice? Try homemade bang bang chicken.
- The most addictive crockpot chicken recipe ever.
- Flamin Hot Cheeto bites – if you dare!
- Nashville isn’t just famous for its nightlife. This Nashville HOT chicken recipe fires up those tastebuds.
- Mexican chicken and cheese is a great weeknight meal.
- Serve left over chicken cutlets on top of this Chicken Kale Salad recipe.
Connect with Us