A delicious quick dinner, viral Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are a great weeknight recipe for your menu rotation.
Perfect for dipping, this fantastic finger food recipe combines a delicious cheese mixture and buffalo spice for a simple but impressive meal. Let’s get started!
Why you will love making Homemade Taquitos
No more frozen taquitos or bland baked taquitos – This simple recipe makes homemade taquitos perfect for dinner. Perfect as an appetizer, side dish, or snack, taquitos are a great way to use leftover chicken from the night before.
The most crispy taquitos you will ever have – The corn tortillas wrapping the homemade chicken taquitos get so crisp and golden brown. You will LOVE the satisfying crunch!
Where did this Viral Chicken Taquitos recipe come from?
While we have made a taquito recipe on our sister recipe site SaltySideDish, we wanted to test out tiktok creator @eatwithalyssa and followed her awesome video that you can watch below.
Would we make this taquito recipe again?
To be transparent, I almost gave up on this!
Sometimes corn tortillas work for me, and sometimes they don’t. I am sure there is a trick for them, but I don’t know. I would def make these viral TikTok Taquito recipes again!
- Corn tortillas – Flour tortillas will not have the same crispy fried texture, so do not substitute.
- Rotisserie chicken – The easiest is a store-bought rotisserie chicken that has been cooked and cooled.
- Buffalo sauce – Our favorite is Frank’s Red Hot.
- seasonings – garlic powder and paprika.
- Mozzarella cheese – Any shredded cheese that goes well with Buffalo sauce is acceptable. I also like Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Mexican blend, and Cheddar Jack.
- vegetable oil for frying
How to make TikTok Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- In a deep skillet or saucepan, preheat oil on medium-high heat for frying.
- Mix shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and cheese.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add one corn tortilla.
- Heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Fill each warm tortilla with chicken mixture, spreading it down the center of the tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and secure it with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all warm corn tortillas are filled.
- Fry buffalo chicken taquitos in vegetable oil until browned.
- Drain chicken cheese taquitos on paper towels.
- Remove toothpick (important!) and serve warm.
Expert Taquito Tips
Wake up the flavors – To bring in much more flavor, add kosher salt and black pepper and other great seasonings. Suggested are cumin, onion powder, chili powder, or ranch seasoning.
Serve with Dip – Taquitos taste the best when served with a dipping sauce. Try ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing. Taquitos also thrive with sour cream, avocado cream sauce, and additional hot sauce.
Air Fry Leftovers – As typical with most fried foods, even when stored in an airtight container, they do not warm up as well as the day before. Try reheating any leftovers with an air fryer for a few minutes.
Want to get creative? Try adding blue cheese over shredded cheese to the mixture.
Change up the protein – While this recipe is specifically about chicken taquitos, the filling can be made with any sort of cooked protein including ground beef, ground chicken, or shredded or ground pork.
How to freeze taquitos – Any food you want to freeze must be completely cooled before storing. Add to airtight freezer-safe storage for up to 1 month.
Related Viral Mexican Recipes
- This Recipe for Mexican Restaurant inspired chicken and rice recreates a local favorite.
- This Street Corn Dip recipe with Feta is an excuse to eat homemade tortilla chips all day.
- A fun and easy TikTok walking tacos recipe keep the meal in the bag.
- All done with dinner? Try a sweet cinnamon sugar churro chips recipe – one of the best Mexican-inspired viral desserts.
Connect with Us
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Make sure you never miss a recipe by following us on Pinterest or connecting with us personally at TikTok.