TikTok Creme Brulee (also known as 3 Ingredient Creme Brulee) needs only 3 ingredients to become your newest favorite dessert. This well-known fancy dessert usually served for special occasions turns an ice cream mixture into an elegant dessert.
This is one viral recipe that we are so excited to break down for you to enjoy!
Why you will love Easy Crème Brulee
Simple preparation – Traditional creme brulee recipes include heavy cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract but this three ingredient version cuts through the grocery shopping with already flavored vanilla ice cream. The warm cream and caramelized sugar topping is a make-at-home version that rivals this traditional fancy French dessert.
No special devices – That crispy breakthrough sugar is one of the best experiences of a creme brulee! After all, creme brulee means ‘burnt cream.’ However, the sugar topping can be made and set via stovetop, and no blow torch is needed. Talk about an EASY creamy dessert.
Where did this Creme Brulee Recipe come from?
We actually really loved this simple recipe and although the timing on letting it chill needs to be calculated into serving, this dessert was fun and delicious.
- vanilla ice cream – Use a good quality vanilla ice cream already flavored with real vanilla bean. This is the base of creamy custard, so the better the ice cream, the better the results.
- Yolk – You will only need the yellow egg yolks for this dessert recipe, and an egg yolk separator helps.
- White sugar – The golden brown caramelized topping consists of sweet granulated sugar to enjoy that caramelized sugar top.
How to make Creme Brulee with Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Microwave ice cream until soft and melted, but not hot.
- Whisk in egg yolk.
- Divide into two shallow ramekin dishes and place them into a baking dish.
- Fill the baking pan half full with hot water and bake (in the oven) in a water bath for 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven rack and let stand to cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until chilled.
- Before serving, add sugar and water to a skillet and heat over medium-high heat, stirring until no longer grainy.
- Continue to heat, occasionally stirring, until bubbly and caramel color.
- Remove from heat and pour on top of each ramekin.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 minutes until hard. Serve immediately.
Crunchy sugar topping is the traditional way to top creme brulee, but a little fresh fruit, like raspberries, blueberries, or puree, works great as a topping.
This dish can be prepared two days in advance. Cover the top of creamy custard with plastic wrap (put in the fridge) and then finish with the sugar layer right before serving.
Related Viral Dessert Recipes
- How to make homemade popcorn in brown paper lunch bags.
- Are 2 ingredient Nutella Cookies any good?
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Sticks are tomorrow morning’s best breakfast.
- Kids’ favorite way to make ice cream in a baggie.
- Top TikTok dip recipe of 2021.
- Sopapillas in a bar.
- This avocado pudding recipe is a celebrity favorite snack.
Connect with Us