Some of the best crispy roasted potatoes ever, this garlic butter crispy potatoes recipe with smashed insides and crunchy skins are a garlic lover’s dream.
Baked to perfection, these internet-famous potatoes only need a few simple ingredients for mouthwatering results.
Why you will love making crispy roasted potatoes
Delicious side dish for weeknight dinner: Carbed up and filling, there is no doubt that potatoes (over salad recipes) are a much-preferred family favorite.
Everyone loves good potato side dishes: While a baked potato recipe will always be a time-honored classic, oven-roasted potatoes are the type of potato I prefer! With crispy edges and soft buttery centers, this recipe is welcome at the dinner table.
Where did Viral Crispy Potatoes come from?
We initially saw this on viral TikTok video creator @Daenskitchen. She has some delicious recipe options, and we suggest checking out the video below and following her for more just like this.
Would we make crispy smashed potatoes again?
As food bloggers, we are no stranger to smashed red potatoes or a similar crispy creamer potatoes recipe. Chalk this tiktok recipe up for another tremendous viral side dish recipe that left potatoes crispy on the outside and soft inside. Very good.
The only thing it needed after baking was a little more salt.
- small gold potatoes – The baby potatoes package we used said “24 ounces of honey gold bite-size potatoes.”
- Butter – Because this recipe already has salt, we suggest using unsalted butter.
- Virgin olive oil
- roasted garlic clove – This is the freshly oven-roasted garlic recipe we used. I used two whole heads for these crispy potatoes, which were nice and garlicky.
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
Serve these crispy skin potatoes alongside a great viral dinner recipe like a lemon-dijon chicken and rice recipe, juicy chicken 101, TikTok’s creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta recipe, or these delicious Italian chicken cutlets.
How to make TikTok Garlic Butter Crispy Potatoes
- BOIL POTATOES FIRST – Place potatoes into a large stock pot or saucepan and fill with cold water, making sure the water is at least 1″ above the potatoes. Heat over medium-high heat for about 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft when a fork is inserted in the center. Please note that this varies depending on how large the potatoes are, and they can be done a lot quicker if tiny.
- Drain hot potatoes and let stand cool or refrigerate for 30 minutes to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butter and oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat until melted.
- Stir in the garlic cloves and cook for one more minute. Remove from heat.
- Toss potatoes into the butter mixture and stir to coat. Transfer potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a glass, gently press down on each potato to flatten to about 1/2″ thickness.
- Spread potatoes out so they are not touching (single layer), and drizzle any leftover garlic butter mixture onto the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until crispy exteriors are hot. Top with chopped fresh parsley before serving with an optional side of sour cream.
Seasoning Tip: Flaky sea salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and pepper flakes bring some unexpected and delicious flavors to ultra seasoned potatoes.
Related Viral Potato Recipes
- TikTok’s recipe for the easiest and crunchiest potatoes ever.
- This potato pillows recipe has a 360 crispy exterior. Great for snacking!
- Multi-colored mini potatoes are great for roasting whole.
- One of the most popular potato recipes from tiktok ever; make sure you try this herb roasted parmesan potatoes recipe.
Connect with Us