Nutella S’mores Samosas is one of this year’s best and most sought-after trending dessert recipes. These little bites of goodness discovered initially on TikTok take the fried samosa to the next level.
Why you should make a Dessert Samosa
Creative Dessert Idea: Move over air fryer cookie and cosmic brownie; there is no such thing as eating just ONE dessert samosa. And because the chocolate, marshmallows, and fried dough all make one of the best bites ever, we encourage you to make a massive batch for everyone to enjoy.
Stuff with anything: These Nutella S’mores are just the beginning. The won ton wrapper provides a pretty firm dough to get creative with. Try this process with jam, cheesecake filling, coconut, or premade pie fillings.
Where did S’mores Samosas Start?
Samosas themselves have been around a long time and in many food cultures. From a savory Indian Snack to sweetened American dessert, these fried (or baked) bits of dough can be stuffed with just about anything.
This particular dessert samosa that stars the delicious flavors of Nutella S’mores came from TikTok Creator @moribyan. We had a lot of fun dissecting her recipe and enjoying these delightful bites at home!
Check out her excellent social media recipe and follow her for more here:
Our thoughts about this viral recipe: First of all, delicious. Can fried chocolate be anything but? Second, I used dark chocolate syrup for the garnish. Lastly, I don’t think you taste the graham cracker inside; in fact, I don’t know why I bothered to put it inside!
- Wonton wrappers – While perfectly homemade and savory samosa dough is often made by hand with flour and oils, there is no need to go that far when making a dessert. Find wonton wrapper dough typically in the cold aisle by vegetables.
- Nutella hazelnut spread – The hazelnut flavor of Nutella chocolate is a tried and true chocolate that works well for stuffing.
- Whole graham crackers – The finely crushed graham crackers keep true to the original S’mores, although, with our notes, you will see that we thought this was an unnecessary ingredient as it gets primarily lost in the recipe.
- Vegetable oil – It’s essential to use frying oil with high heat tolerance and does not have a flavor that would alter the dessert. Make sure not to use EVOO.
- Marshmallow fluff – Purchase fluff from the store, or here is our homemade marshmallow fluff recipe.
- Chocolate syrup – Optional but delicious, chocolate syrup makes a great drizzle.
How to make Dessert Samosas
- Preheat vegetable oil on medium-high heat.
- Place hazelnut spread into a pastry bag and cut the tip to about 1/4″.
- Using your finger, dip it into a shallow bowl of water and spread water around all four edges of one wonton wrapper.
- Pipe hazelnut spread on one half of the wonton wrapper, keeping it off of the wet edges. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Fold the wrapper in half, creating a triangle, and gently press together the seams. Repeat until all wrappers are full.
- Working in batches, fry for 1 minute on each side, making sure not to let them burn. Drain on paper towels and let cool slightly.
- Heat marshmallow fluff in the microwave for 5 seconds. Mix well and place into a sandwich bag and snip the tip.
- Drizzle marshmallow cream and chocolate syrup on top of the sweet samosas.
- Sprinkle with remaining graham crackers.
- I could have probably fried them a smidge less, only so they are not SO golden brown. They brown up quickly! 1 minute on each side gave me this deep golden. Thirty seconds on each side might work, too. They tasted fine, though!
- While marshmallow and chocolate both make great drizzle options, smothering samosas with a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar (just like we do in this homemade churro nacho recipe) would be a great variation.
Related Dessert Recipes
- Search through our entire viral dessert recipes here.
- Did you know that you can add ketchup to a cake?
- Need a recipe for your favorite best friend? Dog-friendly blueberry biscuits at your service.
- The most exciting dessert copycat recipe ever!
Connect with Us