These quick and easy “not ya mama’s buttered noodles” are some of the best garlic butter parmesan noodles ever!
This tiktok viral recipe, with over 5 million views, is one of those simple recipes that everyone needs to keep in their back pocket for super quick dinner nights.
Kid friendly and a great base recipe for a more complex garlic chicken pasta, this 10 minute dish needs just pantry staples to whip up as a dinner or a side.
Why you will love making TikTok Butter Noodles.
10 minutes till lunch – There really isn’t much to this simple butter noodle recipe. The longest part of the recipe includes simply cooking the pasta!
This makes tiktok butter noodles approximately a 10 minute dish. So skip the PB&J and eat a really hearty lunch today!
Great Basic dish – Not every dish has to be intense! While I adore a creamy crockpot tortellini recipe or baked mostaccioli, you can still get delicious restaurant quality satisfaction out of an uncomplicated dish as well.
Plus, garlic butter noodles can be improved by adding sausage, chicken 101, or meatballs!
- type of pasta – spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccini noodles
- unsalted butter
- minced garlic
- grated Parmesan cheese
- seasonings – garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, dry chicken bouillon, and fresh parsley.
- Note: Salt is optional. The chicken bouillon will contain salt content, so be careful to test before adding the desired pinch of salt.
How to make Garlic Butter Noodles.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a skillet, add butter and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring until butter is melted.
- Add reserved water and let the garlic butter sauce mixture bubble and boil.
- Stir reserved pasta noodles in buttery sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, chicken bouillon and mix well.
- Serve cooked pasta topped with additional cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve the garlic butter noodles recipe immediately with a side of your favorite vegetables.
Where did this Butter Noodle Recipe come from?
We have been eating this recipe for about 20 years as a quick weeknight meal, and when we saw it pop up on the FYP (Seriously, how does it know!), we knew we had to revisit this entire family classic.
See the whole viral video below:
Butter Noodle Variations
We made these with thin spaghetti noodles, but linguine or fettuccini is my favorite way to enjoy simple battered pasta.
For a super quick noodle that is ready in minutes, try this dish with an egg noodle.
Toppings and seasonings can be altered easily. Try chopped basil, black pepper, everything bagel spice, or red pepper chili flakes.
Perfect buttered noodles really excel if you buy the deli grated Parmesan. The creamy sauce really shines!
Lastly, we love making this dish and mixing in slightly blacked and steamed broccoli before serving. Yum!
You can’t have pasta without a perfect side dish of garlic bread.
I also like a simple side salad recipe or oven roasted veggies.
TikTok Pasta Recipes
There is nothing better than a creamy sundried tomato and chicken pasta. It’s so richly excellent.
I don’t think we can call Ramen noodles exactly pasta (more like instant noodles), but with viral trends predicting the next recipes, we can’t leave it out! Try your hand at Ramen noodle lasagna, ramen noodle grilled cheese, and of course, tiktok ramen.
One of the most famous recipes to come out of viral sharing is TikTok Feta Pasta.
Lastly, the two top mac and cheese recipes from TikTok: TikTok Southern Baked Macaroni and TikTok Mac and Cheese.