If you love Harry Potter, you will love these awesome golden Snitch hot chocolate bombs.
With little wings and an edible scroll message, get creative with making the magic come to life in your cup!
Why you will love making this Harry Potter Dessert.
From butterbeer to polyjuice potion, Harry Potters’s magical world enjoys many unique treat options! What is fun about this particular Harry Potter Dessert is that it’s easier to make and combines real creativity with a fun result.
With this inspiring tiktok video, we set out to try and recreate this super fun version of the original tiktok hot cocoa bomb recipe into the Golden Snitch!
Your kids will love this take and enjoy helping out, and EVERYONE will love using it to make the best white chocolate hot chocolate ever!
- edible gold luster dust
- white almond bark
- Center of Snitch hot chocolate bombs – hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and optional caramel.
- edible markers
- edible rice paper
- printable template (see below for the one we made and download free)
ALL ITEMS WE USED IN THIS POST
- Sphere Molds click to see on Amazon
- Rice Wafer Paper click to see on Amazon
- Edible Markers click to see on Amazon
- Edible Gold Luster Dust click to see on Amazon
Love creativity? We nailed our Pokemon Hot chocolate Bombs recipe here!
How to make Harry Potter Snitch Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Print the template and place rice paper on top. I recommend printing the pdf and unchecking the “fit to page” or “reduce to fit” option before printing. That way, you’ll get the actual size shown.
- Use edible markers to trace the template onto the rice paper. Cut with scissors. Cut slits into the wings if desired. Set aside.
- Using a brush, generously coat six half spheres in the cocoa bomb mold with gold luster dust.
- Place the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Return to the microwave and continue this process until the almond bark is melted.
- Add a dollop of almond bark to each cocoa bomb cavity and spread it up the sides. You will not use all of the almond bark. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining almond bark, reheating if necessary to soften, and spread a second layer in each sphere. Freeze Snitch chocolate bombs for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove chocolate from the mold by carefully pulling out the spheres.
- Heat a small skillet until warm and gently melt each edge of the candy melts to smooth and even them out.
- Fill one half with one teaspoon cocoa, one teaspoon marshmallows, and the scroll.
- Place the sphere on top, melting the edge in the skillet so it adheres. Repeat until all three are filled.
- Tip – The scroll will melt quickly in the hot chocolate, so print a few extra to lay inside the glass and enjoy.
Free Snitch Download
This wing and internal scroll can be printed on rice paper or other edible products used in baking.
DOWNLOAD FREE HERE or by clicking the image.
Our thoughts on making this TikTok Snitch Bombs
We initially saw this fantastic video on TikTok and were like….ok, yes, please. And set out to TRY to make these.
The original viral video creator did a WAY better job, but with some practice, we still think this is fun and worth making!
We used rice paper and found out that it’s really thin. I think a lot more delicate than what she used in the video. It was hard to cut because it can tear easily, so go slowly.
I think due to how thin the paper was, the wings were hard to get to stick on and stay. They kept folding around the sphere.
And lastly, the scroll dissolved instantly in the mug when I poured the hot milk on it. I assumed this would be the case, so make a few extra to lay in the glass for fun.
How to use Christmas Hot Cocoa Bombs
- To Use Cocoa Bombs: Heat 1-2 cups of milk until warm.
- Place Snitch cocoa bomb into a mug and pour milk over the mug.
- Stir well before serving.
Related Viral Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipes
- Get the viralrecipes.com TikTok Cocoa Bombs recipe here.
- Make a hot chocolate bomb into a breakable Chocolate Pinata!
- Use a solo cup to make a TikTok Solo Cup Chocolate Bomb that looks just like a little cup of Starbucks!
- Our version of a Christmas Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipe with gorgeous red and green swirls! If you love those, try a double Melting Snowman Cocoa Bomb too!
- Skip the chocolate and try a beautiful sugar-flowered tea bomb recipe.
Connect with Us