This Homemade Cheez-Its recipe is a viral sensation!
With only two simple ingredients, this keto-friendly version of the ever-popular Cheese-Its cracker is one of the best crunchy, crispy, salty, and cheesy snacks ever.
Why you will love making TikTok Cheese-Its
Homemade Crackers are Awesome – So we made a Keto-Friendly Cheese Crisps recipe over on our other site, Salty Side Dish. Those crackers are made with shredded cheese and produce “cheese blobs” over “cheese squares” but are just as fun and addictive.
Now this TikTok Cheese cracker recipe may not be the same as store-bought crackers with an actual dough or flour mixture, but it maintains crispy little bites made of real cheddar cheese.
Plus, they can be flavored depending on the kind of cheese you use, making this recipe a customizable win and a low-carb cheese cracker substitute perfect for a charcuterie board.
Where did Cheez-It Recipe come from?
We initially saw this on viral TikTok video creator @cooklikeimbook. He has some delicious recipe options, and his profile says he is a private chef! Make sure to follow him for more like this.
Check out the original inspo and video recipe below:
Would we make this recipe again?
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
I don’t like that saying, but DANG, this cracker recipe is incredible! I want them just a little warm right off the pan, and they do start as a copycat cheese-it flavor, and then they taste like cooked cheese! HA! But they are good.
I love original cheez-its, and this recipe was a close second.
There are only two essential ingredients to create all these cheesy flavors.
- Ultra-Thin Sliced Deli Cheese – I saw the Sargento brand sharp cheddar cheese, but I tried the store-brand cheese, and it worked great! I just wanted to test that out because food is so expensive lately. I used six slices, and that fit on a pan well.
- Salt – You cannot make chips of any kind without a little bit of fine or coarse salt.
How to make Homemade Cheez-Its
- Preheat the oven to 275 and line a cookie sheet with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut each piece of cheese into four smaller squares and place them onto the baking sheet, about 3/4″ apart. A pizza cutter can assist with this.
- Once the baking sheet is complete, use a wooden skewer or straw to cut a hole into the center of the cheese.
- Bake cheese for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand to cool before removing and enjoying.
Expert Baking Tips
- These baked cheese crackers are crispy and thin but greasy. If possible, I want to try to eliminate some of the greases after baking. Paper towels are likely the best thing to use. But I had no problem destroying them with my kids.
- I think you can omit the straw/cutting hole in these baked crackers—just a personal opinion.
- Test making homemade cheese crackers with other cheese like sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, or any cheese.
- Be careful because it’s easy to wolf down the entire batch of homemade snacks in a hot minute.
Related Viral Appetizers
- If you haven’t tried to make air fryer pita bread, you really should! Only takes 10 minutes and is so good with dip recipes.
- This pickle cookie recipe is an old-fashioned snack that takes minutes to make and minutes to devour!
- Ranch + Pickles = Love
- Fried garlic bread is the garlic bread of the future!
Connect with Us