Perfect soft boiled air fryer jammy eggs can be done in as little as 6 minutes with no pre-heating. Perfectly cooked with a bright yellow and soft jammy center, even peeling the eggs has never been easier!
Not quite a hard-boiled egg (like you see for Easter Eggs), soft-boiled jammy eggs are perfect with toast for breakfast or laying on this TikTok ramen recipe.
Why the Air Fryer is Perfect for Eggs?
Perfect every time: When you think of the air fryer, you may be thinking about crisping some onions or green beans, but the air fryer is for more than just a side of veggies. The Air Fryer helps you make homemade recipes easy, quick, and perfect every time, from air fryer desserts to these excellent eggs.
Eggs are for every meal: Breakfast, lunch, or dinner; eggs are a staple in our home. These jammy eggs are just another way to whip up another way to enjoy a meal in minutes. Serve with Sriracha Aioli, a side of crispy bacon, and you have a delicious anytime meal!
What inspired us to try these TikTok Eggs?
While we are not new to using an Air Fryer or even an air fryer for other egg recipes, we knew after seeing the perfectly liquid yolk from this TikTok Egg Recipe by user @traystewie we had to test her method. It turns out these air fryer jammy eggs with a soft yolk egg center were worth it.
- whole raw eggs
- ice cubes
- cold water
- seasoning for eggs: We recommend kosher salt and black pepper or everything bagel seasoning.
What settings on Air Fryer for Soft Boiled Jammy Eggs?
We tested two different ways to receive a soft-boiled center result, and both worked perfectly. Please note our test was Ninja Foodi 6.5 Quart (air fryer model) with the Air Crisp function.
- 300 degrees for a cook time of 9 minutes. NO Preheat.
- 375 degrees for a cook time of 6 minutes. NO Preheat.
How to make Air Fryer Eggs
- Place eggs into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set air fryer to Air Crisp at 375 degrees for a cooking time of 6 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, place ice cubes and water in a large bowl to create an ice bath. This method is one we always use for hard-boiled eggs and produce a super easy-to-remove eggshell.
- When cooking is complete, remove eggs from the air fryer and place them into the ice water bath for about 5-7 minutes.
- Peel eggs and serve topped with salt, pepper, everything bagel seasoning or pepper flakes. Once you cut into that runny center jammy yolk, you will get the craze!
What are Jammy Eggs?
Jammy eggs are an egg with a soft-boiled center. The eggs are not full runny like you would see in a poached egg but not completely set as you get with a pressure-cooked egg recipe. They fall right in the middle with a bit of set yolk and runny yolk.
How many eggs can be cooked in the air fryer?
Eggs should have space and not be right on top of each other.
This allows the heat to circulate properly. So keeping that in mind, you can place as many eggs as you want, which is usually half a dozen (depending on the size of the Air Fryer).
Can any air fryer be used to cook eggs?
Yep! We used the Ninja Foodi air fryer, but any air fryer can be used on the custom settings.
How to serve TikTok Jammy Eggs
Jammy eggs go great with a simple piece of toast, serve these eggs in pesto, make a perfect egg sandwich (or any recipe for breakfast sandwiches), or on fresh avocado toast.
Related Air Fryer Recipes
- This air fryer steak bites recipe gives you really tender steak in mere minutes.
- Pita Bread with the perfect amount of seasoning crisps up so nicely in an air fryer. A snack you will crave!
- One of the most Ultimate Breakfast Casserole Recipes ever.
- Hot Nashville Cauliflower will set your tastebuds on fire!
- Visit more TikTok Appetizer Recipes here and find the perfect recipe to make tonight.
- Are grated eggs worth the hype?
Connect with Us