TikTok Viral Recipe Lemon-Dijon Chicken and Rice Bake is a cost-effective, delicious, fast weeknight meal. With marinated juicy chicken thighs on a bed of rice, this one-dish meal bakes all the flavors in.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Why you will love making Dijon Chicken
Cheap and Easy – As the original recipe said, this recipe is cheap and easy! A serving for 4 was just about $10, making this viral dinner recipe a true winner as a weeknight dinner.
Flavorful – As one can imagine, Lemon and Dijon both pack a delicious and tasty punch to the tastebuds. As a bonus, most people have these ingredients in their homes.
We initially saw this viral recipe from TikTok! Creator @theshayspence had a fantastic “cheap and easy” series across our page, and we knew we had to test it out. With over 4.5 Million views, there is no doubt that lemon dijon chicken and rice will be in many households this year.
See the entire oven baked chicken video recipe below:
Things we altered – I could only get boneless, skinless thighs, so if you swap for something with a bone and chicken skin on, it might take a little longer to cook.
Also, the original recipe creator didn’t share what type of rice he used, so we used “10-15 minutes to cook” rice.
Our thoughts on this viral recipe – This is a delicious meal that works perfectly for busy weeknights. Undoubtedly one of our family favorites now, we love all the extra depth of flavor the dijon mustard adds, and the chicken and rice make it one of the most classic comfort foods.
Also as a side suggestion, make some extra marinade (that you do not dip raw chicken into) to stir in with rice at the end. Yum!
- Marinade – Minced garlic, salt, black pepper, paprika, dijon mustard, vegetable oil, and lemons zest/juice.
- Chicken thighs
- White rice
How to make Lemon-Dijon Chicken and Rice
- In an ovenproof skillet (like cast iron) or baking dish, add garlic, mustard, vegetable oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk marinade well.
- Add chicken thighs and coat both sides well.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, and set it aside.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes (an hour works best) to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In the same ovenproof skillet or baking dish, add uncooked rice and water. Whisk well to combine evenly.
- Add chicken back to skillet or baking dish and season chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the juicy chicken is done and the rice no longer has any liquid.
- Place a few slices of lemon onto a skillet and heat on high heat until charred, and use lemon slice as a garnish: store leftover chicken and rice mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Other garnish ideas for this casserole dish include green onions and fresh parsley.
- Instead of water, substitute for chicken broth.
- Want to skip the rice? Serve chicken on a bed of mashed potatoes, quinoa, or egg noodles instead.
- Spice it up by adding Frank’s hot sauce to the table.
Get a good Meat Thermometer.
As a rule, the chicken should reach 165 degrees internal temperature at its thickest point. If you prefer to manually check meat as it cooks, the ever-popular instant-read thermometer works best.
The only problem is that, in general, these go out yearly, so expect to replace a cheaper thermometer more often.
Newer in kitchen technology, try the MEATER PLUS, which monitors your meat and gives you exact timing from the oven to the grill right on your phone. No need to open the range to know anymore!
Serve with these Side Dishes
Chicken and rice is a fairly substantial meal, so you may not need additional courses or servings. However, if you want to try a viral side dish that is light and easy, try TikTok’s Favorite salad or air fryer green beans.
Related Viral Chicken Recipes
- We have a lot of great viral chicken recipes here! Try the TikTok Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Recipe method if you have extra chicken thighs.
- Creamy sundried tomato chicken pasta is another filling, “no side dish needed” recipe.
- Keep it light with tiktok chicken kale salad.
- TikTok taught us how to make the perfect chicken cutlets with this recipe.
- Also going great with rice is honey butter fried chicken recipe and this tiktok bang bang chicken recipe.
Connect with Us