2 Ingredient Nutella Cookies were a viral cookie trend that needed no eggs and no unsalted butter. If you like crunchy cookies with the taste of hazelnut, these may be worth you testing out!
Done in just about 15 minutes, these crispy almost biscotti-style cookies, complement coffee or French hot chocolate.
See the step-by-step video and recipe of this viral recipe and our thoughts about making it below.
There is nothing more exciting than finding a simple viral recipe and hoping for the best! This recipe was originally shared by user @caughtsnackin and you can see the recipe video below in its entirety.
We were so excited to try this one! There are many awesome 2 ingredient cookie recipes that are totally amazing like peanut butter haystack cookies so we were hoping to expand with a few more great ideas.
Are TikTok Nutella Cookies worth Making?
The short answer is probably not.
These “cookies” remind me of shortbread. Dry. Chocolate and Hazelnut flavor but not ooey-gooey like many other viral dessert trends.
I enjoy them with a cup of coffee but I cannot say I’d make them again. My kids took a bite, even after I told them they wouldn’t like them, and they spit them out.
And because of the expenses of Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, it’s not an adventure I would care to repeat for mediocre results. In the future, this recipe may fair better with an egg and that may be worth the variation if you want to test.
- Nutella Hazelnut Spread – GET NUTELLA ON AMAZON CLICKING HERE> Nutella is a classic hazelnut chocolate spread by Pietro Ferrero, who hails from the same family as the famed Ferrero Rocher candies.
- all-purpose flour – This cookie recipe only needs plain flour. Do not add any additional white granulated sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, or baking soda.
- powdered sugar – optional but looks pretty and gives a bit of sweetness.
How to make 2 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- Preheat the oven temperature to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together Nutella and flour until combined well and dough forms.
- Use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop the batter onto the palm of your hand.
- Roll cookie dough into a ball and place individual cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press cookies down with your fingers, so they are about 1/2″ thick.
- Cooking Time: Bake for 14-16 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if using, before serving. Another fun idea is to spread on some homemade marshmallow fluff. The recipe makes about a dozen cookies.
Related Dessert Recipes
- Get fancy and make your own chocolate pinata recipe at home!
- The only thing more satisfying than making a breakable heart is smashing them!
- Cinnamon and sugar are two of the world’s most perfect foods – enjoy stove-top fried Churro Chips and hot cocoa dip for a great dessert or snack.
Connect with Us