Ramen Grilled Cheese is what food truck dreams are made of and now this incredibly viral and totally fun recipe can be made in your kitchen!
With basic Ramen Noodles making the bread crunch and the cheesy delicious filled center just oozing out, this noodle sandwich is a viral hack that everyone should try once.
Why you should make Ramen Crusted Grilled Cheese
Get Creative: There is no doubt that this recipe went viral – but mainly because it’s wild. Loaded with noodles and cheese, this grilled gourmet lunch is worth testing out because it’s fun! Not every bit of kitchen cooking has to serve a nutritional value or specific need.
Where did this TikTok Recipe Hack start?
You may be wondering where did this Ramen Grilled Cheese recipe even start!
TikTok has been good to us when it comes to the most interesting and unique kitchen inventions and they love their ramen noodle recipes. This gooey cheese concoction smothered between a package of ramen was first seen on creator @thedoubleeaterz page.
See the full original ramen video below:
- bread – Any type of bread will work. We suggest simple bread slices like white bread or wheat bread over a fancy Artisan bread.
- cheese (all one flavor or a variety) – We used a cheese combination of Colby jack, swiss cheese, and provolone cheese. The original video had double the types of cheeses so feel free to add extra cheese flavors like sharp cheddar or American cheese.
- all-purpose flour
- Instant ramen noodles – Simply discard the seasoning packets and crush down the batch of ramen noodles out of the solid square.
- vegetable oil for frying
How to make Ramen Grilled Cheese
- Place cheese between two pieces of bread.
- Mix together flour, egg, and water until a thick soup-like consistency.
- Dredge the cheese sandwich into the flour mixture, coating each slice of bread. Spoon the batter up the sides to cover.
- Place Ramen Noodles in Baggie and Crush square with a rolling pin. Add crushed ramen to a shallow bowl and place the sandwich in the ramen and gently press it into the sandwich.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat and deep fry the sandwich, for about 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before cutting and serving.
TIP: Serve this grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup or as a complement to a homemade broccoli cheese soup recipe.
Is this Gourmet Grilled Cheese worth making?
Our thoughts on this recipe – Overall this TikTok Recipe was fine and no major red flags.
As far as grill cheese recipes go, it was a bit bland. Like it was missing something. Maybe some garlic powder? Don’t let it prevent you from making it, just add some seasoning and spice to the flour/egg/water mixture.
If you eat it right after it’s done frying, we noticed the cheese on the inside isn’t heated enough to melt. I’d recommend letting it sit for 2 additional minutes before cutting (as we noted in the printed recipe) to allow the cheese to heat up properly and get you that awesome cheese pull.
This will also let it cool a bit so it’s not molten lava hot from deep frying. I did only use 6 slices of cheese, and not 8 like the original video showed.
Related Cheesy Recipes
- Cheesy southern baked macaroni and cheese with spices and seasonings – delicious.
- If you need a 15 minute family friendly dinner recipe, try these mouthwatering tiktok pizza bites.
- The holy grail of mac and cheese recipes.
- When influencers make corn and cheese.
- Cheese tastes better when it’s in a cheesecake bar.
- How to make the easiest 5 minute pizza ever.
- Pickles and Cheese are much more addictive than you think.
Connect with Us