Ready your tastebuds because this Viral Smoked Cream Cheese recipe is not only easy but a perfect reason to fire up that grill.
This is one flawless appetizer dip! With its sweet cream cheese and smokey balance, backyard grilling enthusiasts will love serving up this dish.
Why you should make Smoked Cream Cheese
Cheese, need I say more? Philadephia cream cheese is already delicious and perfect on its own. It’s used in a variety of dips, from savory to sweet. Putting this block of cream cheese on the grill and smothering in sweet and savory flavors brings a whole new creamy depth to this family favorite.
This tasty, unique, and incredible creamy goodness will be the appetizer recipe everyone asks for, from sandwich spread ( try it with this TikTok tortilla folding hack) to your next potluck or party dip.
Let’s Chat about this TikTok Dip Recipe
When we first say this Smoked Cream Cheese recipe on TikTok, we knew this was one we had to try! The smokey flavor of the cream cheese mixture just looked incredible, and it was! Little Cajun House inspired this cream cheese creation and the original recipe.
Our Opinion on this Viral Recipe: This is pretty good. I love the flavor combos. You get a little spice with the seasoning and then a little sweet with the sauce.
See her take on it on the TikTok recipe Video below!
- full fat cream cheese block – Unlike many recipes, do not soften the Philadelphia cream cheese prior. It comes right out of the fridge and is placed into the grill-proof dish as a block.
- Melted butter – Melted butter is a lot more flavorful than using oil.
- Dry BBQ seasoning – While you can use any BBQ seasoning, we recommend McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub (dry) for a good smoky flavor.
- Sweet chili sauce – Any favorite chili sauce will do. The one shown and used is store brand Sweet Chili Wing Sauce.
- Favorite crackers – Dippers that work best are wheat thin crackers, pita chips, pretzel chips, corn chips, tortilla chips, bagel chips, or crusty Italian bread. Fruit can also be a welcome dipper so give apple slices a shot. Lastly, if you want to stay away from crackers and make something more stand out, serve this dip with air fryer onions.
How to make Smoked Cream Cheese
- Place package cream cheese into a grill-proof pan (cast iron skillet or cast iron flat pan works great) or sit the entire block on a piece of aluminum foil. Score the top of the brick with a knife in a diamond pattern (crosshatch pattern).
- Spread melted butter on top; some butter will drizzle off to the sides.
- Generously sprinkle with BBQ seasoning.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to about 350 degrees and place cheese onto the hot grill wire rack. Heat for about 10 minutes or until butter around the cheese is bubbly, which is somewhat fat and plump.
- Carefully remove the cheese mixture from the grill and drizzle brick of cream cheese with sweet chili sauce before serving warm with crackers.
Variations of the Trend
- Mix it up by topping cream cheese with other fresh cheeses like blue cheese or feta cheese.
- Instead of sweet chili sauce, try pepper jelly on top. It’s a perfect balance!
- Sprinkle block of cream cheese with crispy bacon pieces before serving.
- Sliced green onions bring a nice fresh flavor and a splash of color.
- Buffalo wing sauce is a perfect pairing with incredible flavors.
- Spread on a bit of roasted garlic before adding seasoning.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning is a great alteration and one of my favorite ways to season soft cheese.
Related Viral Appetizer Recipes
- If you are looking for another incredible way to enjoy a unique cheese dip, make sure you hop over to our recipe for Fried Brie. This round of Brie cheese, fried up with pecans and blueberries, makes a splash on a charcuterie board.
- Not everyone appetizer has to result in baking or cooking. Learn how to make ranch pickles in no time at all. Have them ready already? Add them to Pickle Cookies!
- Are you looking for a sweet dip to go with all the savory? This Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe uses marshmallow fluff instead of cream cheese and will hit your sweet spot.
- Sausage Cheese Dip Recipe, a hearty and easy appetizer with the smooth, creamy taste of cream cheese and delicious filling sausage, cheddar cheese, tangy swiss cheese, and perfect spices. A great game day party appetizer dip.
Connect with Us