This Ultimate Sunday Breakfast Casserole Recipe combines eggs, biscuits, sausage, and hash browns. This crowd-pleasing recipe is totally indulgent and incredibly filling; this crowd-pleasing recipe is fantastic to serve on holiday mornings.
Why you will love this TikTok Breakfast Casserole
Feeds a lot: Because this dish is full of biscuits, eggs, and sausage, the ingredients together can go a long way. This dish can feed up to 12 people and leave everyone full until lunch (or later!), making it a perfect breakfast recipe to serve on a busy holiday morning.
Make ahead: Like most breakfast casserole recipes, this recipe calls for overnight breakfast casseroles that can be prepped ahead and stored until ready to cook. Just prep and layer the dish and cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil until ready to cook.
Adaptable: While we always make socially viral recipes as is, this dish can easily be adapted to include bacon, veggies, or even change out the sausage to turkey sausage. Great veggies to include are white onions and green pepper.
Where did this Ultimate Sunday Breakfast Casserole Recipe come from?
But this combination came inspired by creator @whatsmomcookin, and we love her take on this deliciously savory breakfast.
See the full viral recipe video below:
Did we enjoy this Viral Breakfast Casserole?
As the original creator said – this delicious breakfast casserole is great ‘hangover’ food! Just prepare that this family favorite will make you super full.
- Ground breakfast sausage – We recommend using breakfast sausage (not Italian sausage) for these recipes. Other substitutions are turkey sausage, ground beef, or Hot sausage.
- all-purpose flour
- kosher salt and black pepper
- diced hash brown potatoes (frozen) – The hash browns were also called southern-style diced hash browns, which are just diced potatoes.
- Refrigerated biscuits, quartered – I wanted the super cheap biscuits but couldn’t find them, so I used Pillsbury Grands southern homestyle big flaky biscuits, 16.3 oz, eight biscuits in a tube.
- Shredded cheese – We recommend cheddar cheese, but Colby Jack or Monterey Jack also works well.
- Eggs – beaten.
How to make Sunday Breakfast Casserole
- Add breakfast sausage to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until browned. Drain excess grease from brown sausage if necessary.
- Add flour and mix well with the ground sausage. Stir in milk and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat mixture over medium-high heat until mixture is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, cook hash brown potatoes according to package directions. Remove from heat once done.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and grease a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread cooked hashbrown potatoes into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Add quartered biscuit pieces on top of potatoes, and 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- Gently pour the beaten egg mixture on top, evenly distributing them throughout the pan.
- Top with homemade gravy (including the cooked sausage), and top the entire casserole with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake breakfast casserole for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and the center comes out clean when a knife is inserted.
- Let the casserole dish stand for a few minutes before serving it hot.
Breakfast casserole can be served with green onions or additional green bell pepper to add color to the dish. Some may want a side of hot sauce or sour cream.
Related TikTok Breakfast Recipes
- Learn how to grate hard-boiled eggs on toast.
- Once you make no peel hard-boiled eggs, you will never go back.
- This sweet cinnamon roll french toast roll-up recipe is smothered in cinnamon sugar and makes a delicious breakfast recipe or fun dessert.
- Air fryer toad in a hole with egg, bacon, and toast is one and done!
- The air fryer makes biscuits an anytime side dish.
- Soft and delicious jammy eggs recipe!
Connect with Us