Creamy Sundried Tomato Chicken Pasta is a delicious and perfect dinner recipe made in a tomato-based garlic pasta cream sauce. Made from scratch, tender seasoned chicken paired with pasta and fresh spinach leaves makes a full meal in one pan.
See why TikTok sent this viral recipe to the moon with over 1.5 MILLION hearts and the step-by-step instructions on easily duplicating it in your kitchen tonight!
Why you will love making Creamy Chicken Pasta for Dinner
The ultimate dinner, creamy chicken pasta with sundried tomatoes, feels like a take-out of your favorite Italian restaurant. This dish is worth the kitchen time with tons of seasonings, tender chicken, and great garlic and onion flavors.
I don’t want to call this recipe quick, as any recipe that involves cooking chicken takes adequate time to prepare and cook, but it’s only about 30 minutes, so not that bad. The rich and creamy tomato sauce paired with pasta will keep you so full that you will not need any additional viral side dish recipes alongside this dish, keeping the whole dinner prep simple.
So many chicken pasta dishes are alfredo-based, so this delicious take (that isn’t just spaghetti) is something different and fresh for your kitchen.
Where did this Tomato & Chicken Pasta Come From?
This is a Viral Dinner Recipe from TikTok!
We initially saw this recipe video on creator @girmomtenn, where she showed her rendition of this pasta dish. She loves cooking and shares straight from her kitchen, so check out to see more tasty ideas!
Would we make this tiktok recipe again? Yes!
We make our own version of this recipe (see creamy chicken and bacon pasta recipe here) and many other viral chicken pasta recipes quite often. We loved using the sundried tomato oil to bring extra flavor to the kitchen and how family-friendly but still appetizing this dish is.
- Sundried tomatoes – I sliced my canned sun-dried tomatoes. They were whole, so I cut them into strips before adding them to the dish at the end. Get the kind that has the tomatoes in oil.
- chicken – cubed (uncooked chicken breasts or uncooked boneless, skinless thighs).
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, and ground black pepper.
- Parmesan cheese – You will need both grated and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Fresh diced onion and minced garlic – Do not substitute these ingredients for dried ones.
- Heavy whipping cream – Some people do not like using heavy cream in dishes, but in this case, the dish tastes best with full-fat heavy whipping cream. If needed, this ingredient can be substituted with half and half, but you may have a thinner, less creamy sauce.
- Uncooked Pasta – Different kinds of pasta yield different tastes, textures, and how the pasta clings to the tomato sauce. We used corkscrew pasta, but penne or cavatappi works excellent as well.
- Fresh spinach – Fresh spinach leaves always look super full in a pan before cooking down, so trust the process. They quickly drink and fade to a much smaller and more manageable size.
Recipe Notes: While this ingredient list seems intense, the recipe isn’t. The best way to complete a dinner recipe with various spices and seasonings is to fully prep each item before getting started. Pre-measure, dice, and cut anything that needs to be done to ensure no mistakes or overlooking while still preparing.
How to make Sundried Tomato and Chicken Pasta
- Add oil from sundried tomatoes to a skillet with chicken. Set aside tomatoes to reserve and slice if desired.
- Season chicken with one teaspoon of Italian seasoning, salt, paprika, red pepper, and black pepper. Mix well. Heat over medium heat until chicken is browned.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add butter, onion, and garlic to a skillet and cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Add water, heavy whipping cream, and pasta.
- Heat over medium-high heat, boiling rapidly until pasta is tender, about 8-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in spinach, juicy chicken breast, and tomatoes. Heat until hot.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese before serving.
Our favorite Italian Seasoning is the McCormick Italian Seasoning. Grab some here on Amazon for this and all future recipes!
- Change up the creamy pasta: Change the pasta noodles to linguine, penne, or pappardelle. Remember that pasta can have different cooking times and may need the addition of more water or heavy whipping cream to thoroughly cook if making recipe changes.
- Add paprika to the chicken before cooking for more color.
- While this dish has a ton of flavor, add cut-up crisp-tender asparagus before serving for more color and flavor.
- While chicken and pasta dishes can be quite filling, if you do find you need a side dish to serve with it, try TikTok’s favorite salad recipe or cheesy, crusty garlic bread.
Related Viral Dinner Recipes
- Need another family-friendly, delicious and easy dinner recipe? Try this super popular and highly rated chicken rice casserole recipe on our other site, Salty Side Dish.
- Crazy wild ramen grilled cheese will give your eyeballs and tastebuds a real treat.
- Over 5 million views of this cheap and easy lemon Dijon chicken rice bake.
- See how TikTok makes Air Fryer Chicken thighs so juicy and tender.
- Need some spice in your life? Try this TikTok bang bang chicken recipe to heat up your mouth!
- TikTok Feta Pasta is another great way to use corkscrew (cavatappi) or penne pasta.
Connect with Us