You’ve probably seen the videos in your feed. TikTok Ramen is a social media star, and it’s no wonder: ramen is cheap, versatile, and OH, SO YUMMY!
When I find myself looking for an easy weekend dinner to throw together, or even a quick lunch before getting back to work, ramen’s kind of a no-brainer.
While you might consider ramen to be a Japanese dish, it’s believed to have originated in China, and was brought to Japan in the mid 1800s. There, it was sold by street-food merchants, and today, it’s so popular, it’s gone viral – with a few social media tweaks of course!
This TikTok Ramen meal is one of those ways to take a super inexpensive packet of already incredible ramen noodles and bring it NEXT LEVEL thanks to all the amazing TikTok additions.
One of the best things about ramen is how adaptable ramen is. Even if you’ve been putting off that trip to the grocery store, chances are you have enough in your fridge or pantry to make this dish.
Soy sauce: got it.
Sugar, egg, seasoning: easy.
The hardest part about it is finding the actual ramen noodles in your pantry (somehow those packs just keep disappearing)!
TikTok Ramen Ingredients
Are you ready to make TikTok Ramen? Here is the list of ingredients needed for this recipe.. The full measurements and instructions are below in the printable recipe card.
- minced garlic
- soy sauce
- red pepper flakes
- brown sugar
- ramen noodles
- everything bagel seasoning*
- chopped green onions
TikTok Ramen Recipe Variations
If you’re anything like me, you’ll come back to this TikTok Ramen Noodle Recipe again and again. After experimenting with this a couple of times, I’ve found there are some easy additions that will change it up nicely:
- Mix peanut butter and lime juice into your soy sauce (with a bit of hot water) for a Pad Thai Ramen
- Add some stir fry veggies like red onions, shredded carrot, broccoli, mushrooms, and peppers for a colorful main dish that’s dinner-party worthy
- Add sriracha, chilies, or other hot sauces to give it even more of a kick
What is Everything Bagel Spice?
A must-have for your kitchen, this spice mix can be found in several different varieties, including:
- King Arthur Bagel Topping
- Millhouse Bagel Seasoning
- Paleo and Keto Approved Bagel Seasoning
- Trader Joes Bagel Seasoning
- Organic Bagel Seasoning Blend
Can I make my own Everything Bagel Seasoning?
Yes, you sure can make your own everything bagel seasoning with just some pantry ingredients.
Mix together 3 tbsp. each of:
- coarse salt
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- as well as 2 tbsp. each of dried onion and dried garlic.
I’m vegan, can I leave out the egg and butter?
Absolutely, I would suggest substituting sesame oil for the butter, but any vegetable oil will work.
As for the egg, a vegetable based egg-replacer (such as JUST Egg) works great too, or just leave it out altogether.
How can I make TikTok Ramen a healthier meal?
For the butter, try substituting ghee, olive oil, or avocado oil. For the sugar, you can use a low calorie alternative like stevia, or even agave or chicory. To cut some of the sodium, try using Tamari or coconut aminos.
No problem, just use rice noodles in place of the ramen and change the soy sauce to Tamari.
Don’t sweat, any Asian noodles will do as a substation! Just remember not to overcook them, it’s better to be slightly al dente.
Related TikTok Recipes
- Did you know you can make Ramen Grilled Cheese?
- The mac and cheese recipe of your dreams.
- Check out that Green Goddess Salad recipe everyone is talking about.
- Air fryers make life easy and nothing is easier or more delicious than this toad in a hole recipe.
- Chinese food trucks get so much right about creative food – you must try grape tanghulu.
- Skip spinach dip and try spinach dip bagels.
Connect with Us