This week is a great week for CORN! Not only does corn now have its own dedicated and super-viral theme song, but it’s given us a reason to seriously highlight this available year-round vegetable in the best way.
TikTok Street Corn Casserole is a unique casserole that upgrades a classic street corn dip recipe with all the bold flavors of a food truck.
A great viral side dish with delicious flavor, Elote casserole is loaded up with Mexican cheeses, fresh herbs, tons of seasoning, and of course, gorgeous yellow sweet corn.
Why you will love making TikTok Elote Casserole
Creamy and Easy Corn Side Dish – This viral tiktok recipe with all the right flavors complements the brand new “I really like Corn” viral song. Incredibly catchy, the corn song has catapulted corn recipes into current viral fame.
If you are jumping on the corn bandwagon, this TikTok Elote Casserole, or Mexican Street Corn Casserole, is a great way to celebrate. Like the song says...it has the juice!
- frozen corn kernels
- real mayonnaise + sour cream
- spices – cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- Queso fresco cheese – Another chees that goes well is salty Cojita cheese.
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- optional: Black pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
How to make TikTok Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set prepared dish aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frozen corn, Hellmann’s mayonnaise, full-fat sour cream, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and half of the crumbled cheese.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour cheese and corn mixture into the prepared baking casserole dish.
- Bake TikTok Mexican Street Corn Casserole for approximately 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Note that, unlike many casseroles, this dish won’t get that golden brown.
- Remove casserole dish from oven and top with remaining crumbled cheese and chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
TikTok Recipe Tips
- Serve the dish with fresh lime juice (lime wedge) to squeeze over the top.
- Cover leftovers with plastic wrap and store for up to 2 days. Stir before warming and serving.
- Do not be afraid of serving over the holiday season! While this viral Mexican recipe is great paired with a weeknight dinner, it’s still a tasty trending side dish recipe to serve at a holiday meal.
Related Viral Recipes
- If you haven’t tried it yet, the TikTok Ramen Recipe is inexpensive, deliciously sweet, and doubles as a lunch or dinner.
- Mini frozen onions make Outback Inspired Mini Blooming Onions Recipe – bite after bite of fried onion, great for a favorite viral dipping sauce.
- Tonight’s dinner? TikTok Bourbon Chicken, please.
- Smashed Garlic and butter dripping TikTok Crispy Potatoes.