It’s so easy to take a huge flour tortilla and turn it into a perfect thin crust personal pan pizza. This recipe takes about 10 minutes, making it the ideal school-night fast dinner recipe for running short on time.
And when we say this fantastic super crispy tortilla pizza recipe wandered onto our TikTok FYP, we knew this viral recipe idea was a must-try.
Why you will love this TikTok Tortizza!
Also known as bar pie pizzas, using a flour tortilla requires no premade refrigerated pizza dough or homemade dough and gives you the thinnest crust ever.
Perfect for a pizza craving, make your pizza nights are the best personalized and customized way to enjoy a dinner that everyone in your family will love.
- Large flour tortillas – These are meant to be personal pan pizzas; the burrito size tortilla works the best for a tortizza.
- Virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning – Seasoning brings pizza to life, so an all-encompassing Italian seasoning works well, but ingredients like fresh basil leaves and pepper flakes also taste great with cheesy goodness.
- Pizza sauce – I like the ease of purchasing regular pizza sauce, but it’s OK to create homemade pizza sauce, of course.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza topping of choice – Great choices for these cracker-thin pizza crusts are diced ham, sliced mushrooms, onion mixture, or pepperoni.
- Preheat oven to 450 and place a flour tortilla onto a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Drizzle flour tortilla with olive oil and use a pastry brush to spread the oil onto the entire tortilla.
- Season generously with Italian seasoning.
- Spread about three tablespoons of pizza sauce onto the tortilla and spread evenly up to the edges.
- Top pizza with Mozzarella cheese and any additional toppings of your liking. Sprinkle top with extra Italian seasoning.
- Bake tortilla pizza for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Slice pizza into six pieces and serve immediately while hot and gooey.
Best toppings for homemade pizza
In this case, the flour crust is thin; therefore, it’s best to keep toppings simple and light. Too much cheese or heavy toppings like tiktok steak will weigh it down, and it will all fall off when eating. Crisp tiny vegetables should be diced and sprinkled on, and red onions, light mushrooms, and bits of green pepper work well.
Heavy items like banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, or an overload of thick sausage are not excellent for tortilla pizzas simply due to weight.
If you prefer roasted vegetables, make sure they are cooked ahead of time and added as a topping already fully cooked. Tortilla pizzas cook fast. Therefore simple pizzas like cheese and pepperoni are typically the best fit.
Can pizza be made in a skillet?
Cast-iron thin crust pizza is one of the best ways to cook tortilla pizza!
Warm a cast iron pan and then drizzle a bit of olive oil into the pan. Add a large flour tortilla and then fry both sides.
Tortillas tend to fill with bubbles, and it’s fine to pop and turn. Once both sides are cooked and crispy to your liking, add tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings.
Carefully remove once the cheese is melted and serve.
- TikTok Nashville Chicken Tenders
- TikTok Cheesy Baked Ziti
- TikTok Feta Pasta
- TikTok Ramen
- TikTok Garlic Bread
Connect with Us