A well-known tailgating food truck, or campfire meal, walking tacos are street food that makes taco night memorable and fun!
This quick meal with a short cook time of 15 minutes is all you need. Just grab mini bags of corn chips and bowls of toppings for a customized Taco Tuesday that everyone will love!
Why you will love making Walking Tacos
Fun For Kids – There is something super fun for kids about eating right out of the chip bag. And with this recipe being so customizable to your own fixins, there is no danger of someone not loving it.
Great for on-the-go – Walking tacos are a fantastic recipe for on-the-go situations like camping, parties, and tailgating, taking out the need for a plate! Absolutely the perfect party food OR weeknight meal.
Where did Bagged Tacos come from?
Essentially bagged tacos are taco salad on the go! Using favorite chips, these types of taco recipes are a favorite of moms. We have been making walking tacos with our favorite taco ingredients for a long time, but this recipe also came to light again on TikTok.
Check out the tiktok viral video creator that racked up over 45 MILLION views @cookinwithmegg and see how easy it is to make them below!
- Snack-size bags of chips – See below our suggestions on what chips are the best to use.
- 1lb taco meat, cooked and warm – Optionally add a pack of favorite taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning mix while cooking for extra flavor.
- Shredded cheese – Any Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese goes excellent.
- Traditional taco ingredients – shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.
How to make Walking Tacos with Doritos
- Gently crush the chips in the bag to make them smaller.
- Turn the bag on its side and, using scissors, cut two corners (of the top and bottom of the bag).
- Use scissors to cut down the side of the bag to open it.
- Add a small amount of cooked taco meat, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with a fork and enjoy.
TikTok Walking Taco Chips
Doritos are one of the more common mini chip options for walking tacos. However, any type of chip that provides the crunch and goes with the flavor does well.
Try corn chips, tortilla chips, cool ranch Doritos, or even nacho cheese Doritos combined with a traditional taco recipe.
There is no shortage of favorite taco toppings for Mexican-inspired food. Creating a taco bar with favorite toppings and chip bags ensures that everyone can pick their favorites.
We suggest black beans, refried beans, pinto beans, green onions, green chiles, diced white onion, hot sauce, chunky sauce, black olives, and all of the regular taco fixings.
Other than a ground beef mixture, try chopped or ground chicken to mix the protein.
Related Viral Recipes
- Once you learn how to make no peel boil eggs in the oven, recipes like hot girl summer salad become even easier!
- Fried garlic bread is this year’s garlic bread of the future. A delicious and perfect viral side dish recipe that goes with everything!
- This Juicy chicken 101 recipe will ensure perfectly moist chicken to add to walking tacos.
- Looking to skip beef in this Mexican food? Add TikTok Chicken Cutlets or leftover Mexican-style chicken instead.